Sunday, October 26, 2008

So You Want Your Book Reviewed?

It's about time I explain the inner workings of Simply Books; so here goes.

To all authors and publishers:

If you're looking for your book to be reviewed, you've come to the right place! My reviews are pretty straightforward, with a summary (almost always written in my own words) and my opinion of the book. All books are ranked on a 1-10 scale (with 10 being awesome, 5 being okay, and 1 being horrible).

If you want your book reviewed and can send me a copy, that's great. I accept ARC's of books, too. If you don't have a copy of your book, but still want me to review it, I can try to get a copy of it from my library. But there will be no guarantees, because (unfortunately) my library does not have copies of every book.

If you send me a book to be reviewed, I will finish it. Unless, it's completely horrible, but that's hardly ever the case. The only books I don't finish are ones that I get for myself.

I can't guarantee when your book will be reviewed because I have so many other books that need to be read, but it will be reviewed eventually. If you need and/or want your book reviewed earlier, shoot me an email and I'll move it up on the list.

Be warned: I will write negative reviews. They're never mean, but sometimes can be harsh, so if you don't want something bad written about your book, you might not want to send it to me. But don't worry, I like most of the books I read : ).

Even though I mostly read YA fiction, I am open to other genres and types of books.

And if you have any questions, or want your book reviewed, please email me at swimmer1430@aim.com.

No comments: