Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday - 3

I haven't been able to do Waiting On Wednesday for awhile since I've been so busy, but swim practice was canceled today and now I have some time! As you know, Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill over at Breaking The Spine.

Envy: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen

Jealous whispers.
Old rivalries.
New betrayals.
Two months after Elizabeth Holland's dramatic homecoming, Manhattan eagerly awaits her return to the pinnacle of society. When Elizabeth refuses to rejoin her sister Diana's side, however, those watching New York's favorite family begin to suspect that all is not as it seems behind the stately doors of No. 17 Gramercy Park South. Farther uptown, Henry and Penelope Schoonmaker are the city's most celebrated couple. But despite the glittering diamond ring on Penelope's finger, the newlyweds share little more than scorn for each other. And while the newspapers call Penelope's social-climbing best friend, Carolina Broad, an heiress, her fortune—and her fame—are anything but secure, especially now that one of society's darlings is slipping tales to the eager press. In this next thrilling installment of Anna Godbersen's bestselling Luxe series, Manhattan's most envied residents appear to have everything they desire: Wealth. Beauty. Happiness. But sometimes the most practiced smiles hide the most scandalous secrets. . . .

I loved The Luxe and Rumors, so I can't wait to read the next book! It will be released pretty soon, on January 27.

4 comments:

Just Listen said...

I can't wait for Envy! Gah, it's killing me. :D

Angela said...

Oh, MAN! The last time I looked at THE LUXE on Goodreads, it didn't have the book synopsis yet ... I was hoping somehow that Henry really didn't marry Penelope .... bummer. :( Poor Diana.

Thao said...

I've not read any of these books but they sound pretty interesting. Impressive beautiful covers too.

nadine said...

I still need to start on the Luxe but I'm really excited about this one all the same.