Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday- 5

Once again, we have our weekly post where we readers can drool over upcoming books. It was started by the wonderful Jill at Breaking The Spine.

Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen
It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.
A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.
In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.

Some other people have read/are currently reading this book and I am insanely jealous. I love Sarah Dessen and the synopsis and cover make this book look really good! I'm reading This Lullaby right now so I'm in the Sarah Dessen-mood haha.

Along For The Ride will be released on June 16, 2009 (which is my last day of school!).

2 comments:

YA Book Realm said...

Oh me me want this book a lot too! Can't wait until it's released. And how convent, it's released on the last day of school for you. lol

Bookworm said...

I can't wait for this one! I haven't read any of Sarah's other books but this one sounds particularly good!