Monday, October 11, 2010

The Hunger Games from a Non-YA Reader's Perspective (2)

For those of you who don't know, I'm chronicling my dad's thoughts as he reads The Hunger Games. He's a teacher and the entire school where he works is reading it. I thought it might be interesting for other people to see what a non-YA and non-fiction reader in general would think of The Hunger Games.

I talked to my dad for the first time about it earlier tonight. He says he really likes it! I was super excited when he said that because it's one of my favorite books (obviously). Some of his thoughts were that it's really long - I was kind of surprised when I heard this because I've never considered THG a long book. But I guess 350+ pages is kind of long. He's only at the part where Katniss first arrives at the Capitol, though, so to him it probably seems like forever until the end. He doesn't like how people have weird names, which I laughed at. He also says that he has a certain ending in mind (but I don't know what it is) that he wants to see happen and that will partly determine whether he reads the next two books.

That's all I have to report now but to me this is very interesting and hopefully someone else is interested too.

No comments: