Saturday, September 24, 2011

Violet by Design by Melissa Walker

Summary:
I was going to get out of the modeling business for good.

But now I'm having trouble sticking with my decision. After all, if it wasn't for modeling, I might still be the invisible wallflower. Hot guys like Paulo wouldn't be interested in me. And I'd never have seen Brazil or Spain-and now France! On the other hand...

I also wouldn't have to choose between my best friend from home and my agent's shrill demands. Or anguish over my body the way only runway models do. Not to mention all this trouble I'm getting into for speaking out in the press about eating disorders.

Maybe the life of an international model isn't for me. But if I quit for good, I might always wonder...What if? (from GoodReads)

Review:
I'm really starting to like these Violet books. They are just too cute, and I love Violet's voice. This is probably gonna be really short because Violet by Design is pretty much the same as Violet on the Runway in terms of writing, it's just a continuation of the plot. Except instead of modeling in New York Violet is now an international supermodel, walking shows in Brazil, Spain and France. I am so jealous of Violet's travel adventures because I would love to be able to visit those places. Violet also starts speaking out about the incredible standards models are held to, which I think is great. Also, I'm loving the relationship potential with her best friend Roger - so cute! Sorry this is probably the shortest review ever but if you enjoyed Violet on the Runway you will definitely like Violet by Design! On to the next book....

Rating: 7 out of 10.
FTC: bought.

2008/Berkley Trade/224 pages.

No comments: