Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 11

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for those who like books and lists!

Top Ten Childhood Favorites

1. Harry Potter series
'Nuff said.

2. The Giver by Lois Lowry
If you asked me what my favorite book is I might say The Giver. I read it in fifth grade and it was the first dystopian I ever read, so naturally I loved it. Such a great book!

3. Tangerine by Edward Bloor
I read this in 7th grade Reading class and it was a really good book. There was a big twist at the end which made it even more awesome.

4. The Baby-sitters Club series by Ann M. Martin
I could not get enough of these books! I loved how there were multiple books for each character in the club. Now I know why I like to baby-sit so much!

5. Goosebumps series by R.L. Stine
Even as a little kid I liked horror/thriller type books. I remember getting very scared reading this in elementary school but I loved it.

6. American Girl Doll series
I love history so it's no wonder I enjoyed these books. They're definitely educational. Unfortunately, I never had an actual doll but I really wanted one.

7. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Judy Blume
My fourth grade teacher read this aloud to us and it was so funny! He always changed his voice for Fudge's dialogue so it was awesome.

8. Dear America series
These were like the American Girl Doll books but longer and much, much better. I loved these book so much and I would scour my library for ones I hadn't read yet.

9. A Corner of the Universe by Ann M. Martin
This book was historical fiction but took place in the 60s so it wasn't too far in the past. A little something different than the Baby-Sitters Club but just as good.

10. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
I forget how old I was when I read this but I know I really enjoyed it.

No comments: