Friday, January 13, 2012

Book vs. Movie: Jane Eyre

Last weekend I watched the 2011 version of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It was the first movie adaptation I have seen of Jane Eyre, and I knew I would like the plot because I love the book. I thought that this movie did a really great job of translating the book to movie. The casting was great and I thought the girl who played Jane did a wonderful job. Some little things were cut out, mostly in the beginning, but I think the movie captured the spirit of the book very well. Whether or not you've read Jane Eyre, I would definitely recommend this movie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know! I've had the book for a few years now but haven't read it yet ... maybe this year! Just so I can see the movie. :)

We Heart YA said...

We completely agree that this new version captured the spirit of Jane Eyre quite well. The filming was beautiful and moody, just like the book. We loved both actors (for Jane and Rochester) but we wonder how people who've never read the book would feel about how it was told out of order…?

Lots of people love the BBC version, by the way, if you're looking for another one to try.

Simply_Megan said...

I watched it with my sister and she hasn't read the book, and I had to explain to her that the beginning was actually the middle of the movie. So that was a little confusing.