Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 20

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for those who like books and lists.

Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little

1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
I was devastated at the ending of Clockwork Prince! I can think of nothing more heartwrenching than the state of the love triangle at the end of this novel.

2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
First off, a world without love?? That breaks my heart! And the ending was just awful. But I am still looking forward to Pandemonium.

3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
In my mind, everything eventually turns out well for Rhett and Scarlett, but I wish we got to see their happy ending on page.

4. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale
This book is actually very light and funny, but when a main character died I cried my eyes out. I usually don't cry when I read books but I was literally bawling when I read this.

5. My Beating Teenage Heart by C.K. Kelly Martin
I felt so bad for the protagonist because he is suffering from immense grief.

6. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
These poor characters! First their love is forbidden because they are related and then the ending!!

7. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
I think this one is obvious.

8. Looking for Alaska by John Green
It's always sad when characters die.

9. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Another book with a character dying, but it's sad because it's alluded to throughout the novel.

10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
This is sad because Sam learns a lot of lessons that are ultimately useless. Still a good read though!

3 comments:

YA? Why Not? said...

Owen Meany left me a blubbering mess at the end! Looking for Alaska is another great heartbreaking choice. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-Pg

Jenna St. Hilaire said...

Oh, good list! The Actor and the Housewife and Looking for Alaska might both have made mine if I'd thought of them in time. :)

Nea said...

OH so completely agree with Clockwork Prince!! It had broke my heart too! And Before I fall is really EPIC! Great list!