Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 28

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like books and lists.

Top Ten Tips for New Book Bloggers


1. Stay Active
This is important because it sucks when your favorite blog only posts once a month. I think posting at least a few times a week is good and keeps people coming to your blog.

2. Attractive Background/Layout
This is an all-encompassing rule for font, size, color, amount of things on your sidebars, etc. Keep it clean, simple and neat. Don't use colors that are harsh on the eyes. I think this is pretty obvious.

3. Good Grammar
I'm the grammar Nazi! Haha I don't like bad grammar and spelling mistakes so try to keep those at a minimum.

4. Include an About Page
I know this is the Internet and everyone needs to be safe, but if you're so inclined, it's nice to learn new things about the person behind the blog.

5. Add a Variety of Posts
Don't just post reviews. Include guest blogs, author interviews, contests, memes, bookish news, etc.

6. Be Patient
Don't expect to get a million followers right away! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to have a successful blog.

7. Comment on Other Blogs
I think this a great way to get your blog out there. Whenever someone new comments on a post, I always make sure to check out their blog and return the favor.

8. Use Twitter and GoodReads
I think these are great way to meet new people, network and learn about new books.

9. Don't Obsess Over Stats
Coming from someone who has almost had a blog for 4 years and doesn't have that many views/followers, I think this is sound advice. I try not to worry about the amount of people visiting and just...

10. Have Fun!
Blogging is a great way to connect with other book-lovers and it should be something you enjoy to do!

2 comments:

Tanya Patrice said...

Love the lost - especially the point about being active on a blog.

Tanya Patrice said...

Grrr - I meant "list" not "lost" - as you mentioned, good grammar :-)