Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 39

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books for People Who Like Sarah Dessen

1. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
I still need to write a review for this one, but it was amazing! So like a Sarah Dessen novel, especially because it takes place during the summer in the mountains.

2. The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
Deb Caletti is one of my favorite authors and I love all her books, so I picked the one I thought was her best (so far).

3. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
This was a little raunchier than Sarah Dessen, but it's contemporary and deals with friends, family and romance.

4. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
This was also a little more intense than normal SD novels but it was full of girl power, so obviously I loved it.

5. Perfect You by Elizabeth Scott
Scott's writing is similar to Dessen's and this is my favorite novel of hers.

6. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
For those who like a laugh, this was funnier than Sarah Dessen's novels usually are.

7. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
This would be considered adult Sarah Dessen, but it's just as good!

8. Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt
A good contemporary book.

9. Sophomore Switch by Abby McDonald
This was another girl power novel, complete with exchange students.

10. Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
I like to read this book ever summer because it makes me happy and it has that "summery" feel.

No comments: