Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 41

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers to make lists about books!

Top Ten Books for People Who Liked Nancy Drew

1. All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
This was about a girl who was murdered and her two friends try to figure out who the killer is. A very realistic portrayal of teens trying to solve a mystery (somewhat unlike Nancy Drew).

2. Death by Bikini by Linda Gerber
This was a lighter mystery, but when a body turns up dead on the island where Aphra lives, she decides to investigate.

3. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
This was part thriller, part mystery. Teens start to disappear in the (extremely) small town of Cryer's Cross.

4. The Girl in the Park by Mariah Fredericks
This was also a realistic investigation headed by a girl whose friend is found dead in Central Park.

5. The Agency: A Spy in the House by Y.S. Lee
I love mysteries and historical fiction, so when they were combined in this and the next book, I fell in love! Who doesn't love spies in the Victorian era?

6. The Agency: The Body in the Tower by Y.S. Lee
See above!

7. Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
I think this is Jodi Picoult's only mystery, but it's still very good! Weird things begin happening in a town where a company wants to build on ancient Native American buriel grounds.

8. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
I love the references to Jack the Ripper in this modern retelling.

9. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
I think this book may be more thriller, but there's a lot of solving puzzles and figuring out clues that Nancy Drew fans will enjoy.

10. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
You wouldn't expect this science fiction novel to be a mystery, but it's actually a big part of the story.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I never read Nancy Drew but I do like a good mystery. I've read two or so books on your list, but I'll have to check out the others.

Rachel said...

Megan I love your list just as much as I love Nancy Drew :) I also adored All Unquiet Things and Across the Universe. A classic mystery I have to reccommend is anything by Agatha Christie!!! She is not YA, but adult, but she is a great mystery writer.

I also participated in this week's top ten. Feel free to stop by and take a look here: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2012/07/top-ten-books-for-people-who-like-sarah.html

gautami tripathy said...

I loved Second Glance....!! Very different from Picoult's usual writing....


Here is my Top Ten post!

We Heart YA said...

Death by Bikini...we've met Linda Gerber at signings and she's just awesome. She seems to have some new mystery all the time as well.
Definitely checking out the others on the list!