Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 45

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Favorite Books That You've Read During the Lifespan of Your Blog

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
I just watched the movie the other night (it's just as good the second time around) so this is on my mind. It's definitely one of my all-time favorite books.

2. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
This just might be my favorite classic, even though it's so hard to pick! I've only read it once so I should probably read it again.

3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I feel like Anna rejuvenated the contemporary fiction genre and got me interested in it again.

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I'm so mad that I still haven't read Insurgent because I couldn't put down Divergent when I read it.

5. Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
Whenever I'm having a bad day I pick this book up and read about Violet's shenanigans. I love to laugh so I had to have at least one humor book on this list.

6. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
When I first started The Mortal Instruments series I remember loving it so much. Even after six books and another trilogy added on, I still adore this world and I'm so glad Cassie is writing The Dark Artifices.

7. A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
This is on the list because it blew my mind. I was forced to read it for summer reading and I ended up loving it. It was so meaningful and if I was a teacher I would definitely assign my students to read it.

8. Heist Society by Ally Carter
I randomly picked up Heist Society from a shelf in my library and I'm so happy I did. What a good book! I feel like it doesn't get enough love from the rest of the blogging community.

9. The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
I'm so glad I found Deb Caletti because she is an amazing author!

10. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
It's pretty deep for a summer novel and it takes place kinda sorta near me!

4 comments:

Karis Jacobstein said...

Great list! I've read most of these, but there are a few that I will have to add to my TBR. Love it when I get my eyes opened to something new!

Karis @YA Litwit

My Top Ten

Lyndsey OHalloran said...

Oooh they're really good choices. I've read a few of those. New follower :D

My TTT - http://pageafterpagereviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/top-ten-tuesday.html

lillylilac said...

Good list. I love Heist Society as well and it also made my list.

Unknown said...

I've also watched the Hunger Games DVD from Netflix twice. That's how much I enjoyed it.