Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 53

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Favorite Authors in the Fantasy Genre

1. Cassandra Clare
She is an amazing writer and her books are always so detailed and creative! I had the opportunity to get my book signed by her which was so much fun. Can't wait til she visits again!!

2. Cinda Williams Chima
I wasn't so sure I would like her first book (The Warrior Heir) because it's narrated by a boy. But I ended up loving it. I still need to finish that trilogy but I'm working on it!

3. J.K. Rowling
No comment needed :)

4. Claudia Gray
I know vampire books seem pretty ubiquitous these days, but her paranormal novels are still exciting and she even puts a twist on a bogged down genre.

5. George R.R. Martin
His novels are so long and detailed, but the world building is wonderful. The show is just as good (probably because he's a producer!).

6. Courtney Allison Moulton
Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked are two of my favorite novels and I can't wait to see how the trilogy ends!

7. Kiersten White
I enjoyed Paranormalcy and Supernaturally very much! The story is pretty light but very original.

8. Libba Bray
I'm including The Gemma Doyle Series in this because a big portion is fantastical. The Realm is such a great place to read about.

9. Jenna Black
If you like fairies, I would definitely suggest her Faeriewalker Trilogy!

10. Kimberly Derting
I sorta consider The Body Finder Series to be fantasy and they are great books.

6 comments:

lillylilac said...

Good list, I love George R.R. Martin as well.

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

No comment needed for Cassandra Clare and JK Rowling! They are the bomb diggity! I'm still shocked when I find people who've not read Harry Potter. Like what are they waiting for?!?! And what's wrong with them?

Farah said...

Cassie Clare, Claudia Gray and Kiersten White is my definite go in Fantasy genre. Great list! :D

Here's my Top 10

Judith said...

Great list :)
I'm in love with the Gemma Doyle series. And Harry Potter, but, well, duh.

Hollie said...

I love Cassie Clare and JK Rowling! I've only read the first book in Kiersten White's Paranormalcy series, but I loved it enough to want to read the rest of them. Great list!

My TTT

Somewhere Only We Know said...

New follower. JK Rowling and Cassandra Clare made my list. Love George RR Martin too.

Check out my TTT.

Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know