Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 58

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books & Authors I'm Thankful For

1. J.K. Rowling
For writing the one of the most amazing book series that defined my childhood. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to every few years (books and movies)!!!!

2. Cassandra Clare
I absolutely adore her novels but I love her tumblr too. I love how she reaches out to her readers daily and is always providing snippets of her books and answering questions! She has such a great relationship with her fans.

3. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
I'm thankful that Uglies was the first to really get me into dystopian literature. Now it's my favorite genre!

4. The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Giver was one of the first books to make me think! That's the most important part of reading.

5. Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales
This book is hilarious and I still laugh every time I read it. I know I can pick it up if I'm having a bad day.

6. Suzanne Collins
I'm glad she wrote an awesome book series that got a lot of people into reading and that entertained those who already love to read.

7. John Green
Like Cassandra, he also has a wonderful relationship with his fans. We need more authors like him! Plus his books are amazing as well.

8. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Thank you for writing a book about sexual abuse for girls to turn to. I'm sure it helped a lot of young adults.

9. The Babysitter's Club Series by Ann M. Martin
For inspiring me to become a babysitter! They make good money hahah.

10. Any author on the Banned Books List
 Thank you for writing thought-provoking books and for continuing to write!

2 comments:

lillylilac said...

Good list. I love the Uglies series and The Giver as well.

Tanya Patrice said...

Awesome list! I can relate to Rowlings & Collins, since I've loved the books I've read by them. And so agree with #10 - and in fact, all authors are awesome!