Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday - 61

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2012

1. George R.R. Martin
My brother introduced me to this series (and to the HBO show). Being such a big fan of Harry Potter, I'm surprised I hadn't come across A Song of Ice and Fire before. They are very long, but it allows for intricate plot and character development, along with excellent world-building.

2. Tammara Weber
Easy is Tammara's first New Adult novel, and the first I've read, if you can believe it. It was a great read and I can't wait to see what she comes out with next.

3. Morgan Rhodes
Morgan Rhodes is the pen name for YA author Michelle Rowan, and I just finished her novel Falling Kingdoms yesterday (which is being released today so head to your bookstore)! It's reminiscent of A Song of Ice and Fire, but not as long and definitely for teenagers.

4. Morgan Matson
I read both of her books this year, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Second Chance Summer. Both books are amazing and I would definitely recommend them for fans of contemporary YA.

5. Kelly Oram
I also read two of her books this year: V is For Virgin (review coming soon) and Serial Hottie. I can't believe I've waited this long because her books are so fun and usually have an interesting romance.

6. Stephen Colbert
Stephen Colbert is my favorite comedian and I watch his show regularly. His first book I Am America and So Can You is a few years old but I finally got around to reading it in 2012. Now I can't wait to read his recently released book!

7. Jennifer Echols
She's been around for a few years but I hadn't read anything by her until I read Such a Rush this summer and it was a great read!

8. Courtney Summers
Same goes for Courtney Summers - so many bloggers love her but I never got a chance to read any of her books until Fall for Anything. Luckily I wasn't disappointed!

9. Megan McCafferty
I've never read the Jessica Darling Series, but I know everyone really likes them. It took me forever to read Bumped but I enjoyed it a lot. Now I have to get the sequel!

10. Corrine Jackson
She is a YA debut author, which is why I haven't read anything by her. But If I Lie was so amazing that I'm going to keep my eye on this author!

No comments: