Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 75

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
After I read this (before it was really popular) I got almost all of my friends to read it by the time the movie came out. I told them they wouldn't be able to put it down, which was definitely the case.

2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I have been trying to get my one friend to read this for a couple of years now and she finally did. She literally read the first three books of The Mortal Instruments series in a week. Now we're really excited for the movie!

3. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
I tell everyone who likes historical fiction and/or fantasy to pick this series up! I still think it's Libba Bray's greatest work.

4. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I don't really recommend this now because a lot of people have read them at this point, but when I was younger I always told people to read HP. When they listened to me they got an amazing story!

5. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
After people read The Mortal Instruments I always recommend The Infernal Devices. I (secretly) like them better because historical fiction just improves everything. Also they are a nice addition to the Shadowhunter world.

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I always recommend this because who doesn't like Paris and romance?!

7. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
This series has a super special place in my heart since I read it back in middle school! Plus it's great dystopian literature.

8. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Not many people I know have read this at this point, but with the movie coming out soon I'm sure everyone will jump on the bandwagon.

9. The Secret Life of Prince Charming by Deb Caletti
Deb Caletti writes the best contemporary lit, plus this is a road trip book!

10. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The first Jodi Picoult book I read (I think I've read 10+ by now) and it's one of the best!

No comments: