Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 88

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers and readers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far in 2013

1. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
I absolutely adore this trilogy (probably more than The Mortal Instruments) and I was dying to know how it all ended. Luckily, Cassandra Clare wrote a beautiful conclusion to The Infernal Devices. I can't get over how it all wonderfully came together in the end.

2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
I stumbled upon this book at my library and I ended up loving it! There's a lot of travel and unrequited love.

3. Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
This book was recommended on NPR and it's one that sticks with you. The main character's younger brother disappears the same time that an extinct bird makes a reappearance in his small town. There's some beautiful symmetry in the storylines. Plus I love the title!

4. The Language Inside by Holly Thompson
I was wary of reading The Language Inside because it's in verse but it actually makes the story so much better. The protagonist writes poetry in her free time so it makes sense plotwise. Emma moves back to the US after living in Japan her whole life so there's nice discussion on different cultures.

5. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
I just finished this yesterday so I haven't written a review for it yet but I would definitely recommend it to fans of romance/contemporary. There were some hilarious lines/thoughts from the characters and I love the mystery aspect of it.

6. Unwind by Neal Shusterman
My friend recommend this to me and I'm so glad I read it. It's a futuristic novel in which parents can decide to "unwind" their children. I'll let you figure out what that means!

7. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
I read If I Stay a pretty long time ago so I finally decided to read the companion novel. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was!

8. Prodigy by Marie Lu
Just finished this yesterday and I can't wait to read Champion!!

9. Sever by Lauren DeStefano
I wasn't the biggest fan of Fever but Lauren DeStefano really pulled out all the stops in the conclusion to the Chemical Gardens Trilogy. I loved the way the story ends!

10. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
This is based on an H.G. Wells classic where Juliet's father creates animal-human hybrids. I was so excited to learn it's part of a series!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I am looking forward to reading Cassandra Clare's series. I also enjoyed The Language Inside and Prodigy. You have a lot of great titles there. Have a wonderful week! Crystal from Reading Through Life

Greg said...

I keep hearing about the Madman's Daughter... think I'm going to have to give it a try. :)

kayerj said...

sounds like some good reads, I'm glad you enjoyed them. kelley—the road goes ever ever on