Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - 91

Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish for bloggers who like to make lists about books.

Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

1. Deb Caletti - She is definitely my favorite YA contemporary author. She has a ton of books but all are fantastic and so thought-provoking. I feel like more people should be reading and talking about Deb Caletti!

2. Leila Sales - Leila only has two books out right now but both are wonderful and hilarious. I could read Mostly Good Girls over and over again. Good thing I own the book!

3. Carrie Ryan - Carrie Ryan introduced me to the zombie genre, which I now love. I'm even a fan of The Walking Dead.

4. Kimberly Derting - Her Body Finder series is seriously creepy and super suspenseful but I still love it!

5. Lois Duncan - Her books are older (70s and 80s) but they are so spooky and great thrillers. My friend has just decided to reread all of them and I kinda want to join her!

6. John Corey Whaley - He probably shouldn't be on the list because he won an award for his first novel Where Things Come Back (an amazing story) but it doesn't seem like many bloggers have read it yet. Get on it people!

7. Anna Jarzab - Her two published books couldn't be more different but both are page-turners.

8. Courtney Allison Moulton - The Angelfire Trilogy is one of my favorites and great mix of fantasy and romance. I can't wait to read more by her!

9. Ally Carter - Ally has a few series but I love Heist Society and think it should be recognized more!

10. Amanda Cockrell - She wrote the book with the best title ever: What We Keep is Not Always What Will Stay. It was a good book too and now I want to reread it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've read so many good things about Ally Carter this week! I might have to check her out.

lillylilac said...

Good list, I love Ally Carter as well and my favorite series by her is also Heist Society.