Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - 132

Top Ten Tuesday was started by http://brokeandbookish.com"> The Broke and the Bookish
for bloggers who like to make lists about books.
Top Ten Underrated Contemporary YA Novels

1. Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholt
Lauren Barnholdt is pretty popular but I really enjoyed this novel. It's about cheating boyfriends but you can really relate to the characters even when they make mistakes.

2. The Year of Mistaken Discoveries by Eileen Cook
I read this pretty recently and loved the idea about finding your birth mother. Obviously things don't always have fairy-tale endings but the story overall is hopeful.

3. If He Had Been With Me by Lauren Nowlin
I've heard very few people talk about this novel and I loved it! Everyone check it out! It's a little sad but worth it.

4. Amplified by Tara Kelly
This is a little older but still great for fans of music.

5. The Language Inside by Holly Thompson
I'm not usually a fan of novels written in verse but The Language Inside works really well.

6. If I Lie by Corrine Jackson
This was on some other lists and I obviously agree with its inclusion. It's amazing and no one has read it! What's up with that?

7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Morgan Matson is pretty popular but I didn't even know about this novel until it was released! It's definitely not as good as her previous books but still worth the read.

8. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
When is the sequel being released?!? I seriously can't wait. I know everyone loves that summertime series by Jenny Han but everyone needs to read this too.

9. Sophomore Switch by Abby McDonald
An older book but I really enjoyed it and think those that missed it the first time around should check it out now.

10. What We Keep is Not Always What Will Stay by Amanda Cockrell
I'm in love with this book and it's not all because of the awesome title. It's funny, thought-provoking and why has no one read it?

No comments: